The Moovbox M400 Mobile Broadband Gateway is an industrial-class communications hub designed for demanding transport applications, delivering switched Ethernet, Wi-Fi and GPS over multiple concurrent backhaul connections.
Modern passenger and freight rail fleets carry a large number of systems and devices that require a stable always-on communication link to the outside world. The Icomera Moovbox M400 provides a central network connection for all the real-time communication needs of urban and suburban rail systems. By leveraging the best wide area network (WAN) connection available the modular, field-upgradeable Moovbox M400 will deliver optimal communication and GPS positioning performance for a rail fleet today and into the future.
The combination of the Moovbox M400 modular design and its ability to seamlessly select optimal WAN networks creates a system of unmatched flexibility, forming the heart of award-winning deployments by some of the world’s largest transport operators.
- Up to four concurrent WAN connections
- GPRS/EDGE/3G/HSPA and WiMAX networks supported
- Two SIMs per WAN radio with patented seamless network switching
- Built-in 12-channel GPS receiver
- 802.11 a/b/g networking for train-to-platform communications
- Supports seamless handover between carrier base stations
- 5-Port 10/100 Ethernet switch for connection to on-train systems
- Industrial 3U rack-mounting enclosure
- External connectors for Wi-Fi, GPS & backhaul antennae
- Rail-centric power system
- Inbound VPN access
- Remote over-the-air firmware upgrades
- EN50155 compliant for Power, EMC, Shock/Vibration.